• Header 1
Serving Clients in Personal and Business Legal Matters since 1978

We Are Schenk Boncher & Rypma

Established in 1978, we are a full service law firm specializing in both commercial and personal areas of law and we represent clients throughout West Michigan and the entire Midwest. Our attorneys are well known by local judges and other legal firms in the areas of commercial and business law, personal injury and wrongful death, construction law, zoning, planning and land use issues, banking law, civil rights, domestic relations and divorce, sales representative law, collections, insurance litigation, and real estate. + Learn more about our LAW firm

We can help you 

With over 35 years’ experience and a stellar track record, we have the understanding and know-how to represent clients in many areas. We also offer a free 30 minute consultation to discuss your case.  + see how we can help you 

The Latest News

  • Extremism and Employment


  • Workplace Firearms Polcies

    Homicide is the 5th leading cause of workplace fatalities in the US.  Gun violence in the workplace is a matter of increasing focus and concern.  At the same time, gun laws in the State of Michigan have "loosened" (for want of a better term) making Michigan a virtual "Shall Issue" state for concealed weapon permits and acknowledging a citizen's "open carry" rights (i.e., you may carry a weapon, such as a pistol in plain sight).  << Read More

  • Is It Discrimination If It Is LGBT Negative?

    Employers are concerned.  It is possible to run afoul of anti-discrimination laws without intending to do so.  Irrespective of one's personal views on LGBT matters, we are often asked "if an employment policy appears to adversely affect gay people i.e. providing separate dressing areas because straight employees demand it" is it discrimination?"  Simply put, employers do not want to violate the law.  << Read More

Read All Of Our News

Learn more about our firm